Friday, 14 November 2014

A Christmas Party Look

So Christmas is fast approaching,bringing with it the parties and of course, the glittery looks. If Christmas isn't an excuse to go mad with the sparkle then I  don't know what is.
This is a similar look to one I wore for New Years last year and I really liked how it turned out so I thought I'd recreate again as I'll probably be doing it again this season.
Just to disclose- I am in no way a MUA, I just enjoy playing about with it and me blending skills are pretty much non-existent as you will soon see.


These are all the products I used to create this look so it doesn't take too many really.


I started by putting a strip of sellotape in the place I wanted the shadow to end. This leaves you with a very crisp line-especially if you don't leave a little gap like I've done! You can achieve the same effect by wiping it with a face wipe when your finished but the sellotape comes in handy in a little while too. Just make sure if you are using sellotape stick it on your hand a few times first to get rid of some of the stickiness as it can pull at the delicate skin around your eyes if you don't.
I then put an eyeshadow primer on and then a brown cream shadow in and above my crease to help blend the black a little later on.


I used a black gel eyeliner as I didn't have a black cream shadow on my eyelid and blended it into to brown a little. While this was still a little tacky a pressed a black slightly multi-coloured pigment on top.

To give it more dimension and sparkle I pressed a gold pigment on top with a damp brush-if you have MAC Fix Plus I think it would work great. 
I then removed the sellotape and was left with a crisp line and stuck it on the back of my hand to use again later.
I also brought the gold into my inner corner and under my eye and blended it with a tiny bit of black on the outer corner. 
I added a thin line of eyeliner - I didn't want to wing it out in case I ruined the shape as I'm a bit shaky with it still.
I cleaned up the edges near my brows with cotton buds dipped in makeup remover and blended again using a matte cream shade mixed with a tiny bit of highlighter.
Before I started on my base I used the bits of sellotape to pick up any bits of rogue glitter that had fallen down. I applied my foundation and contoured a little bit. I chose a pinky nude lip to go with my eyes as they are quite strong but a red would look nice too,I think. I then filled in my brows and that was me done.


Not the most blended eye look I've ever done but I'm putting bending blushes on my Chrismas wish-list so hopefully it will be rectified soon. I hope you can get the genera idea of it though and when the light hits it it's a lot more sparkly, just like the cropped photo above when I applied the gold pigment.
I hope you like it!
Are you all about the sparkle at Christmas? What's your go to look?

14 comments:

  1. Awesome party look. LOVE the sparkle, it makes me feel so festive. The black against the gold looks so nice :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very partial to sparkle myself :) i tried to make a glitter lip but it was disastrous lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, those shades are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a perfect party makeup! Gosh, I wish I can still rock such eye makeup but my husband will remind me that I am a middle age mother with a 6 months old. LOL!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still can! I bet it would look so good on you :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, you did such a great job, your eyes are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! This is def perfect for Chritmas evening parties. Super like the eye makeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love this makeup look! The eyes are so beautiful! I really want to try this out now!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your eyeshadow! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete