Monday, 13 October 2014

The Foundation That Converted Me To Matte

If you have read a few of my previous posts, you'll know I'm a sucker for a dewy finish. Having dry skin makes it easier for me to achieve a nicer finish with a dewy foundation than a matte one so obviously it's the one I'm going to go for on a day to day basis. That was until I picked this one up.

Catrice Nude Illusion Foundation

This is quite a thick consistency but it glides on to a light to medium coverage, depending how much you use. It takes two and a half pumps for my face and a little down my neck and I get a medium coverage. I apply it using the Real Techniques blending sponge but using my fingers works just a well.

The thing I love about this is that it's not a flat matte finish as it contains light reflecting pigments in it, which makes my skin look alive and still has a tiny little bit of a glow.
 I do still consider it a matte finish though.
 It doesn't cling to any dry patches that I have on my skin, which was my issue with other matte foundations I've tried
It's almost un-noticable on my skin after I apply it so I think they named it accurately.

The bottle is a glass one with a black plastic pump that gives out a nice amount of product.
There are five shades available so not the best selection unfortunately. I was lucky that the lightest shade 010 Nude Ivory  matches me perfectly so hopefully you'll find a shade that suits you.
This is €8.49 which I'm fairly sure is the most expensive item on Catrice stands at the minute.
This is well worth the money and if your looking for a new foundation I would highly recommend it.

Have you tried this foundation? Do you prefer dewy or matte finishes?

15 comments:

  1. I have this & it's lovely. It's very similar to Armani Luminous Silk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thats another good point for it then! Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the finish looks amazing on you! I honestly haven't seen this brand here, I really want to try some of their products.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so many amazing ones! It's like a sister brand to essence I think, so I find it strange that only a few non european countries have it.. but if we ever do a swap I'll have you sorted :) x

      Delete
  4. Its lovely!!! No wonder why you have love it. Love the coverage and the finish. Great choice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For the price it really is amazing!

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely a matte finish kinda gal but I usually rely on powders to make sure any dewiness that might exist is gone. Knowing my luck, I won't find a shade to match but this looks lovely on your skin :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Aw that sucks, it is a shame they have such a limited shade range. You might get lucky though, I hope you do!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and keep repurchasing it, nothing works as well for such a great price. Kicking myself though because I spent 60 quid on an Hourglass foundation in Space NK and it doesn't hold a candle to Catrice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah! I knew it was good but if it's better than an hourglass one I'll definitely repurchase! It's a shame the hourglass one wasn't as good after spending all that money on it though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lighting in the shop lied to me about the Hourglass :( It's the most I've ever spent on anything make-up related, so I was fairly crushed. But lesson learned!

      Delete
  9. Oooh I am loving this finish!!!
    Looking fab hun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really enjoying it as well :)x

      Delete
    2. Will get my top ten up tomorrow xxxx

      Delete
    3. Yey! Excited to see what they are!xx

      Delete