Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Boots Time Delay Oil Cleanser and Daily Brightening Toner

These two products are something I picked up around a month ago when i was searching for a new skincare routine. It was the fact that the Boots own brand were having a sale on that got my attention first and then I seen the brightening toner and remembered that I was wanting to try it out.

 Cleansing oil was also something I has been wanting to try out as well but I never came across one that wasn't quite expensive. These two products together came to €9 and change, so I was pretty pleased with that.


The Cleansing oil is a really nice cleanser. Maybe not the most luxurious out there but still not bad. It breaks down and removes all of my makeup nicely and as long as you give your face another go with a warm facecloth after there's no residue left on your face. I have yet to try it with Benefit's "They're Real" mascara to see if it can remove that as not many cleansers I've tried can.
The only problem I have with this is the packaging. It's just a normal bottle that you pour the oil out of and I find I waste a lot of it this way. If it had a pump it would be a lot easier and there would be less oil all over my bathroom floor.

The brightening toner I had heard Caroline Hirons (I think) say it was a good gentle daily exfoliator and with having dry skin I know how much better my skin looks after I've exfoliated. This is so easy to use and it's one of a few toners I've tried that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry. In the month using it I have to say that I have noticed a difference in my skin. I need to use a physical exfoliator a lot less than I used to before I started this. It does state on the bottle that your sensitivity to the sun may be heightened so be sure to wear sunscreen while using this.
These two products together are working out very well on my skin and I'm pretty sure that when  they're normal price they're €15 together. I think it's an accepatable price for good skincare that will last a few months (unless I spill the whole bottle of cleansing oil everywhere, it could happen)

What are your favourite skincare items? Do you always notice a difference when you switch products?


4 comments:

  1. I'm terrible with skincare but I'm trying to make an effort! I haven't used either of these products, at the minute I just use Garnier Micellar Water and a Vichy moisturiser x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use face wipes all the time lol Miceller water is so handy though and it does its job :)And Vichy does the best moisturisers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't use oils on my skin any more but that toner sounds really good! Might have to give it a try :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The toner is my new favorite thing, It really has made a difference to my skin. I hope you like it if you try it!x

    ReplyDelete