Wednesday, 1 October 2014

A little life update..

I've been very inconsistent at blogging lately, which I'm actually really missing. But life has completely taken over in the past month or so. 
I've been working crazy hours to try and get and much money as possible for the move down to Dublin (terrified and excited all at once!) and trying to move out of our place we have now all in the space of about three weeks.

from something like this:
to this

We still don't actually have a place to move into in Dublin yet, but as soon as we do I'm on my way down. We have a few places to view on Friday and I've stupidly fallen in love with one of the places already. Bad idea I know.
 So hopefully in two weeks I'll be down in Dublin, settling in and not getting lost absolutely everwhere.

 The bf's as calm as anything and I'm freaking out enough for the both of us, fear of the unknown and all that.
It's going to be a bit of a culture shock as I'm used to traffic jams caused by sheep or cows on the road, my local town having one main street so no chance of getting lost and everyone knowing everyone( and their business-I won't miss that).

So blogging will probably take another while to become consistant again while I get sorted and then settled down with a job in Dublin (fingers crossed).
You can follow me on Twitter here and see just how often I get lost while there, It'll be fun for everyone ha. 
Am I silly to be freaking out? And what places to I need to go to in Dublin? Seriously, I have no clue.


4 comments:

  1. Ohh, this is exciting change for you and ugh! on the freaking out I know how that feels. You'll be fine sweetie and I think the change will be great and refreshing for you. The most important thing is to keep an open mind about everything, embrace the change and then just go along for the ride. There are a lot to do, see and experience in big cities, especially when you are young and almost carefree.

    All the best to you and a huge hug from me! Looking forward to you settling down and sharing lots of pictures and updates. xx

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! yeah keeping an open mind is really important and I'm gonna try embrace it and just take it all in :) And not be such a scaredy cat lol Hope your getting on wonderfully in Canada! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too made the move from somewhere similar to Dublin, although mine was about 11/12 years ago. I'm practically civilised now ;) You have no need to worry. Dublin has a lot to offer (I'm sure you won't enjoy the increased rent and drink prices though...ack) and there's always something to do. Whatever place you do move into, take pictures so if anything goes wrong when you move out and are trying to get your deposit back you'll have evidence to fall back on. From experience, that's my number 1 rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rent prices are crazy! We've managed to get a nice place that we can afford thankfully and being up during the week definitely put my mind at ease. Its just excitement now :D and thats a great tip, I'll definitely do that, thank you!

    ReplyDelete