Tuesday, 2 September 2014

My favourite A/W lip Combination

So Autumn is here and I've fully embraced it. I thought I'd be sad at leaving all the bright lipsticks and summer dresses behind but I'm already into the dark lips, scarves and boots. And it's two days in..
I was out doing a bit of shopping and just in the house yesterday and I was wearing this lip combo all day to ease myself away from all the bright pinks I'd been wearing for months and I've fallen in love with it again. I wore this quite a bit last year but I think I'll wear it more often now that I'm more comfortable wearing bolder lips outside the house.
Catrice precision lip liner in 060 Very Berry
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107
I got the lipstick end of last summer as it was meant to be the perfect A/W lipstick and it did scare me a little at first but I've gained a bit of confidence in the lipstick area since then and I'm really liking it. I do get funny looks from people when I wear this while I'm doing the shopping but that's rural Ireland for you..
Very Berry on Top
Rimmel 107 on Bottom
I had to find a lip liner to match the lipstick as I wanted a perfect outline on my lips. This one from Catrice goes really well with it. It's not a perfect match but it gives a little bit of a purple undertone to it which I love.
It's a very smooth lip liner that just glides on but then stays for hours. I like to put this all over my lips and then apply my lipstick to up the lasting power.
Very Berry on top
Very Berry with 107 on top on bottom lip
The lipstick has a slight sheen to it when first applied but dreis down to a matte finish. Thankfully not an uncomfortable or dying one. I don't need to exfoliate my lips as much as I have to with other matte lipsticks, I just brush them a little with a soft toothbrush as it can show up dry areas sometimes if my lips are in awful condition.I get a good four hours out of this with the lip liner underneath. If I eat anything I do have to reapply. I like to keep a few cotton buds on hand just in case I mess up the edges as this makes it so easy to fix.
The finished look
I really like this combination and i think it would be perfect for nights out or even if you want to feel a little bit more glam while your tidying your house.
What's your favourite A/W lip colour?I'd love to know. And will you be trying dark lips this season?

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I love both shades, just so gorgeous! I guess I should learn these shades eh? I have no idea what will look right for winter or summer or autumn since I come from a tropical country but that will change soon.

    Reflection of Sanity | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love using them :) ooh Canada is going to be so cold! It will be amazing though :) lots of hats, scarves and jackets I would think? I can't wait to see how you get on,I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete