Friday, 12 September 2014

Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Primer

This is one of my most repurchased items from essence. For a cheap and cheerful product it certainly packs a punch.


It's a yellow toned primer so if you have quite noticeable veining or blueness on your eyelids then this is perfect.
It's in a little plastic tube that comes with a doe-foot applicator. I have enough for both of my eyes with the product on the applicator.

I find that this product is brilliant for bring out the duo chrome and shimmer that are in shadows as well as prolong the lasting power considerably.
Left-over primer 
Right- without primer
I also like to use this under my under eye concealer as it is yellow based so it helps to neutralise my dark circles further and helps my concealer from creasing.
 The only thing is with this primer is that if you apply to much you get the opposite effect. I find if I use more than just enough to blend over my eye from lash line to brow that my eye shadows do tend to crease a bit more than usual but if you use this sparingly I think you'll get on great with it.
It comes in one shade only which I hope they expand soon.
This retails for €2.99 and you can find it in Penney's and most chemists around Ireland.

Have you tried this primer? What primer do you love?I'd love to know..

6 comments:

  1. I don't tend to use an eyeshadow primer because I have a pretty dry eye area. I usually just run my buffing brush over my eyelids before doing eyeshadow. Might have to get this now, especially at that price! Love how it makes the swatch look! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyelids aren't that oily, I just love how it intensifies the shadows :) xx

      Delete
  2. Looks good, might have to pick this up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this every day, it's an amazing primer! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! And the price point is amazing as well :)

      Delete