Thursday, 28 August 2014

Essence All about Nude Eyeshadow Palette

It's good to be back. I've been off the radar now for about a week due to work and migraines, and silly me didn't have many posts written in just in case something like that would happen.
I did however manage to pick up this eyeshadow palette from Essence one day as I was walking to work and I've been playing about with it whenever I get a few spare minutes.

I picked it up as I fell in love with the aubergine shade and I didn't have any nude shadows with a pink tone to them. (justification )
The palette is made up of six shades,all quite neutral colours and it has five shimmer shades and one matte.


 The lighter shimmer colours have very little pigment in them. On my eyes is just looks a bit shimmery but with no real colour to it. 
The matte colour is actually very nice though. Usually the matte colours are harder to get right but essence managed it. It swatched true to colour and shows up nicely on my very pale skin. 
The darker colours are the best out of the palette. they are nicely pigmented and blend nicely. There is slight fallout with them but I find that with most 'drugstore' shadows. With a little primer underneath they last around seven hours before beginning to fade.
The packaging is nice and sturdy. It clicks shut so perfect for throwing in your bag.
This is not one of the best offerings from Essence. I think if you want to try the palettes go for the sunrise one as its swatches were much more pigmented.
I'm only really using half the palette as the lighter colours don't show up but for €3.99 it's not bad.
I'm picking up the sunrise one the next time i get a chance as it's a golden based palette that looks gorgeous.

Have you tried this palette or the sunrise one? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I was wondering where have you been. LOL! Great review and to be honest I think this product is pretty decent especially for the price. The shades are pretty too. Maybe it'll work better with a primer.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hmm I'll try it under a different primer to see how it works as I do love the shades. Thanks for the tip!x

    ReplyDelete