Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet- Ping Pong

So I'm having a bit of a thing with bright lips at the minute. I don't know what I'll do with Autumn approaching and bringing dark lips with it.
I first seen the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets on Vivianna does Makeup and thought 'ooh'. I then seen them on Karen from LovelyGirlieBits and knew I had to have them.

It was Ping Pong that caught my eye, and apparently everyone else's too.
It was always sold whenever I went on the look for it and after a few months I gave up.
Of course when I stopped looking for it I found it and it was happily mine.
And I love it.

Its a beautiful bright pink that compliments my pale Irish skin and it just pops. I live in the back end of nowhere and I get funny looks from people when I wear this to go get milk-anyone else have this problem?
I wear it anyway because I love it and it makes me happy.
This is a long lasting lip colour that doesn't wear away leaving only the outline which is one of the reasons I love it. You can vary the intensity of these as well which I really like. If you didn't want a statement lip you could just apply one coat and you get a lovely flush of colour.
You can build it up as well which is what i would usually do.
They apply wonderfully with the dough foot applicator and start off by having a lovely sheen to them. They dry down to a very comfortable matte finish that lasts for hours.
 There are eight shades to choose from ranging from everyday nudes to showstopping brights.
Your pretty much spoilt for choice really.
They retail at €12.49 but I've seen them for around €11 euro in superdrug for some strange reason.
I'll be picking up more shades as soon as my bank balance allows for it!
Have you tried these? What did you think and have you any shade recommendations for me?
Comment below..

5 comments:

  1. It annoys me so much that this is not available here in Malaysia. We have Bourjois here but they do not carry this range. :-(

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?Rou might get them soon though? Ireland usually gets things a few months after America gets them so it might work out that way for Malaysia? i know feelunique carry them and it's free worldwide shipping if you spend over $20 US..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Pink Pong looks lovely on you! :)

    ReplyDelete