Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polishes

Hi guys!
So this was my first foray into Barry M.I knew my first picks were going to have to be the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes as everyone and their mother raves about them.
Sugar Apple and Blueberry 
And I can see why.
I got the shades 'Blueberry' and 'Sugar Apple'.
Blueberry is a lovely cornflower powdery blue and Sugar Apple is a lovely mint green that looks lovely with a tan.
Usually to get this kind of shine on my nails I use a Gel look Top Coat by Essence which is really very good, but I didn't need it with these.
The first time I applied them I was a little apprehensive as the first coat didn't apply as smoothly as I was expecting.It was quite streaky and I didn't know how they were going to turn out.
The second coat worked it's magic though and i was left with lovely,shiny streak-free nails that I love.
I've already about six more shades on my wish list.
The brush on these polishes are quite small compared to other nail polishes in my collection but they are still very easy to work with.

They are not the quickest at drying, but that's my only gripe with them. A few minutes under cold running water and I'm ready to go.
Sugar Apple is a little bit harder to get an even and opaque coverage on but I find that's usually the case with pastels anyway.
I love the square shape of the bottle , it's perfect for storing a lot of them together(which I no doubt will soon have) and the colours are easy to make out just by looking down on them. It's the little things.
I got these in Boots last week at 'buy one get one half price' so that makes them even nicer!
They retail in Ireland for €5.99 and they are well worth it. I only wish I picked up a few more!

Have you tried these nail polishes?Have you any shade recommendations for me to add to my list?

8 comments:

  1. Love these gelly polishes ive got one in grapefruit had it in my summer nails post!

    sparkleblossombeauty.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it looks lovely! Going on the list!:) thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I have read many rave reviews about Barry M and again, it is not available here in Malaysia. It's annoying how many lovely budget brands are not available here but then again, we don't even have YSL makeup here, only the perfumes. :-(

    http://reflectionofsanity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh that sounds horrible! I forget how many brands we do have here in Ireland but you recently got bourjois so hopefully you'll get more brands over there soon!

      Delete
  3. I got my first jelly hi shine recently. I got Coconut. I applied it on Friday night (with Essie base & topcoat) and removed it yesterday because one ONE nail had chipped a bit. This is unheard of for me, I'm awfully hard on my nails, plus with a potty training toddler I am constantly washing my hands and this tends to cause polishes to lift. I am mega impressed with Barry M and will definitely be going back for more shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so good! I'd just done my nails with blueberry before I got called into work and had to take it all off and I was actaully sad lol, usually it wouldnt bother me. Coconut looks really nice, kicking myself I didn't pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Sugar Apple colour!!

    aimeedot.com

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such lovely spring and summer colour isn't it :) x

      Delete