Saturday, 19 July 2014

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipsticks

Hey guys and welcome back.
So when Wet 'n' Wild launched here in Ireland recently, I knew I was going to have to check out the lipsticks. I am obsessed with lipsticks. I love them. I want them all.
I knew from watching American beauty vloggers on youtube that the Wet 'n' Wild lipsticks were pretty damn good, so I was very much looking forward to giving them a go myself.

Thees are the three shades that I have so far and I'm getting quite a bit of use out of them too.
Some of the shades on the stand looked a little frosty though and i don't go for frosty lipsticks at all.
But the three shades I did pick up I love.
Smokin' Hot Pink
I picked this up recently and it's fast becoming my favourite shade. It's a beautiful shade of pink that really pops.
Mauve Outta Here
A  muted purple shade. For everyday wear i just blot it on the lips but its very nice built up as well.

Red Velvet.
This is one of my favourite red lipsticks that I own.
Its a tomato red which I would usually stay away from as i prefer the blue toned reds, but this is gorgeous.
L-R Smokin' Hot Pink, Mauve Outta Here, Red Velvet
The packaging.
Well, it has it's pro's and cons really. It has the lovely 'click' sound when you close it, but no matter how careful i am I always seem to nick the lipstick with the lid. Its nothing major but the lipstick doesn't retract fully into the tube like the majority of them and I end up with a lipstick that's missing a few chunks.
Anyone else have this problem?
The pigmentation on these is very good. they are true to colour from the bullet.
They do go on quite dry however so i prep my lips before hand with olive oil and sugar or an old toothbrush.
They have a satin finish but i would usually get around three to four hours before I'd have to reapply.
The shape of these lipsticks don't give me a very precise application. They are very rounded with no real point so outlining the cupids bow takes a bit of patience, for me anyway. I usually just use a lip brush to outline my shape and just top up from the bullet.
I do, however, really like these lipsticks and will no doubt be picking up a few more.
Have you tried these? What did you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment