Monday, 14 July 2014

Wet 'n' Wild Colour Icon Comfort Zone Palette

Hey guys and welcome back.
Todays post is all about Wet 'n' Wilds Colour Icon Comfort Zone palette.
You can tell which side I use the most..
When word got out that Wet n Wild had actually hit Irish shores it was somewhat of a twitter meltdown.
I began to frantically google Wet n Wild reviews and go through allll the American youtube videos to see what I absolutely needed to try and what to avoid. This palette kept cropping up everywhere so of course it was top of the list. The fact is was almost all neutrals helped out too. My nearest Dunnes Stores was, of course, sold out when i took the hour trip just to get it, so imagine my surprise when I seen that my local chemist had a stand. They had to get rid of the Catrice one to make way for it though (sob).
It was just after being stocked so I  had the first pick of everything and I went a bit mad,but this has been the stand out product for me.

The first half from top to bottom
The second half from top to bottom
The last brownish red shade has a greeny-blue iridescence that my camera refused to pick up in the last swatch.

The colours in this palette are all shimmery with no mattes in it at all. A matte transition colour would of been handy to have but it still works very well. The shades are all very pigmented and they work beautifully together and with any other brand that I have tried. The shade i use the most is the one I thought was going to be a bit strange on: the first brow highlight. Because it was such a yellowy based shade I didn't know if it was going to work but its actually my favourite one that I own . It's more subtle than a shimmery near white colour and gives just the right amount of highlight without being in your face. I love it.
Fallout is minimal with a primer underneath but even without one there isn't much cleaning up to do.
For 6.49 Euro i don't mind if I have to clean up a little. For beginners this palette is amazing. They tell you what each shade is primarily for and on the back there's a little pictorial on the different looks you can achieve. Of course you can mix and match them however you please. It does come with a brush but I lost it like a day after I got it.
This palette would definitely be my recommendation on what to try first from the brand. You need this in your make up bag.
Have you tried anything from Wet n Wild? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment